Monday 14 April 2008

My Mum's Birthday Card


I made this birthday card for my mum at the weekend.  I'm trying to get out my comfort zone and try new things, so I tried to use more patterned paper on this to see how it went as I tend to have more white space on my cards.  I'm also trying to use up stash before buying paper/card etc. as I have a mountain of stuff to get through, so I managed to use some old crystals I had and some lace I bought ages ago and haven't found a use for, which I thought it went quite well with the aged look the papers have.  I coloured the stamped image with prismacolours, blended with sandador and paper stumps, and then highlighted the flower and stem with my H20's (it doesn't show so well on the photo).  The background of the flower was done by blending in chalks that had a hint of glitter through them (again doesn't show on pic).

Products used : Basic Grey Infuse papers ' Instill', 'Suffuse' and 'Lace', Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set 'Doodle Flowers', Twinkling H20's, Pebbles Inc. Shimmer Chalks, crystals and lace from stash.

2 comments:

Clair Matthews said...

Beautiful card Shona - & thank you very very much for the bundle of swap goodies, they really are great!! xxx

Sonya said...

Love your card..the DP is beautiful!